Lockdown like restrictions to take effect in Pakistan from 8th to 16th of May to curb alarmingly growing number of Coronavirus cases.
Islamabad, May 30: Nationwide Lockdown to take effect in Pakistan from 8th to 16th of May to curb alarmingly growing cases of Coronavirus.
The NCOC announced on Thursday a "Stay Home, Stay Safe" strategy from May 8 to May 16, aimed at controlling the movement of people, including during the Eidul Fitr holidays.
According to the NCOC:
- Eid holidays will be from May 10 to May 15.
- Comprehensive standard operating procedures (SOPs) will be issued for Youm-e-Ali, Aitekaf, Shab-e-Qadar, Juma-tul-Wida, and Eid prayers by May 1.
- All markets, businesses, and shops will remain closed except for essential services.
- Chaand Raat bazaars will be banned.
- There will be a complete ban on tourism and routes leading to tourist destinations will be closed.
- Inter-provincial, inter-city, and intra-city public transport will be banned; private vehicles to operate with 50 per cent capacity.
- Media channels will broadcast special Eid Holiday packages.
National Command and Operation Centre recommends curtailing inbound international flights from 5th to 20th of May